Pageviews past week

Thursday, November 11, 2010

CSR

A fellow blogger has pointed out that customer service representatives are not doing the best that they can.
>>> http://blogs.ubc.ca/mtsuimarketing/ <<<
I read about how companies gain sustainable competitive advantage by customer excellence, product excellence,  operational excellence, and locational excellence. I thought customer excellence would be the easiest to achieve out of the four, but everywhere I go, I get bad customer service. Most often, I get bad service from restaurants. Sometimes I understand that waiters won't be the most polite people in the world (since their job is pretty demanding, mentally and physically), but in other cases, its outrageous how they treat their customers. I don't expect hugs and kisses, but I do expect some courtesy and helpfulness from these people.
Other than incompetent and unhappy waiters, I also have bad encounters with sales associates. I was walking around Futureshop and I picked up a pretty nice headphone. Then this employee comes up to me and pretends to be my best friend. I know people who are genuinely friendly and kind but this guy is definitely not one of those  people. He then goes on and scans my headphone for payment, assuming I am done my browsing. After printing the receipt, he told me to go the the Futureshop website and rate him as being very good. I stared at him and lied  about doing it for him. This guy don't deserve a raise.

No comments:

Post a Comment